Sunday, April 22, 2012

Soccer! Or, How to entertain two boys who really need a nap







"Soccer is boring, Mom. Can we go yet?"
"Look Mom, I'm staying behind the yellow line!"
 

Norah had soccer practice today. We were all a bit worn out from all the fun we had with Grandma Deanie, Pepeka, and Rose, so this was a bit of a challenge right from the start. The soccer field is very muddy from all the rain, so I was carrying a blanket, the diaper bag, three chairs, and trying to herd three children across the parking lot at the soccer complex.  I packed snacks and juice to try to help the boys make it through the 90 minute practice, but they went through those in the first 10 minutes.  Between the crying, the trips to the bathroom, Sully trying to join Norah on the field, and Finn saying that he really doesn't like soccer and we should go home, I think we watched a solid two minutes of Norah's practice.  From what we saw, Norah is mildly interested in the concept of the game, but really enjoys chasing the ball around. Just think, we get to do all of this next Sunday too.  I'm with Finn.  I really don't like soccer, either!

No comments:

Post a Comment