Sunday, May 20, 2012

Coming along!!!!!

 Front view
 Master bed and bath
 Rear view - boys rooms, kitchen nook, living room, and master bedroom
 Side view - Garage, laundry room, and Finn's room
 The hole!
The house is coming along quite nicely.  The windows are in, which is so exciting, and this week, the electrical work started. We had to pick where we wanted our outlets, light switches, and TV hook ups.  I am not good at visualizing things to begin with, so trying to look at a bunch of framed up walls and trying to envision what the room will look like and where we will want to watch TV and plug stuff in was challenging...but still awesome.  We got water hooked up this week, too. The inside is starting to take shape, now which is so cool.  I can actually picture doing things in the rooms.  So, I like to go over and play house.  I pretend to come into the laundry room, do some laundry, then walk into my kitchen, and make dinner, and bring it into the dining room, because of course, I am cooking a fancy dinner for a bunch of people.  If you're playing house, why not go all out? The fun of walking through an empty house has lost some of its appeal for the kids, who are now fascinated by the hole. Since we no longer have our burn pile (our house is being built where the burn pile used to be), the excavator dug a hole for us to dump things in, and it brings hours of enjoyment to my children.  They love throwing things into the hole.  So far, none of them have fallen into it, but I have a feeling it's only a matter of time. I'll be sure to take pictures and post them when that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment