Tuesday, June 18, 2013

$@#% my kids say

My kids are pretty crazy, and because of that, they tend to say some pretty off the wall stuff. I think it's funny, so I like to share it.  As I was telling my aunt Kate, she said, "Andi, I hope you are writing this  down, because someday you will want to have all this stuff." Good point, Kate.  Since everything else about our life is on here, I thought I would include some of the silliness that comes out of my kids' mouths.  I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.

My crazy little monkeys.  I love them to death!


NORAH:  
On getting a job...

  • "When I grow up, I'm not going to college. I am just going to play the flute. I've done it before, it's not that hard. You just blow like this: (demonstrates)"
  • "I am going to be a veterinarian. But not one that goes to school. Either that or I'll be a scientist. But not one that goes to college, either."
  • "I think I can be a fashion designer. But I won't actually have a store.  I'll just sell stuff out of your garage, Mom."
  • "I really don't think you need to go to college. I'll just make a lot of money. When will you let me be on TV?"

Her sense of style...

  • "Mom, I am a fancy girl, and you just don't pick out clothes that are fancy enough. Why won't you let me be fancy? Don't you want me to be who I am?"
  • "Mom, can I do your  makeup? I promise I'll make you look like you normally do, only pretty."
  • "Oh, Mom, finally! You are wearing a dress! It's good to see you look nice."

On sports...

  • "I really don't think I want to go out for sports. I don't like to sweat."
  • "If I got out for softball, can I play with my friends instead of playing in that field?"
  • "Soccer is gross.  All you do is run and sweat. I don't like it. Can I quit?" (after the first practice)

FINLEY:
Random thoughts...

  • "Dammit. I forgot to have Nurse Marilyn take my blood pressure!"
  • "When I was an adorable baby, I grew in my mommy's tummy and kicked until one day at the hospital, Grandma Deanie helped mommy get me out...now here I am!"
  • "I just love swimming with giant sperm whales!"
  • "I cannot eat Oreos. They have too much Minnesodium."
  • "Can we go to church? I want to see you eat God." (Communion)
  • "If God is dead, why do we see him every Sunday?" (the priest)
  • "Hello, God. Nice to see you again." (to the priest. I should probably clear that one up...)

Debating with Sully...

"Sully, who is the best superhero - Batman, Superman, Ironman or the Hulk?"
Sully: "Ironman!"
"No Sully. Ironman isn't super. Just his suit is super."
Sully: "Batman!!!"
"Sully. He doesn't have any real powers! He's got a super suit too."
Sully: "Oh, I know! Hulk! Hulk has powers!  He goes 'Hulk Smash!'" (runs around pretending to smash things)
"Yeah! Hulk is super!!! Oh, wait....but he has to get angry to be super...so I guess Superman is the best, because he always has his super powers."
Sully: (bored) "Yay, Superman."
"Phew. That was hard work!"

SULLY:
Random Sully-isms:

  • "I don't need underwears, Mom. I feel nice without them."
  • (As I am trying to hustle the kids to the bathroom in Walmart so I can use the restroom.) "It's okay, Mom. You can make it!  Just hold your penis!" (says this VERY loudly)
  • "Gross, Mom! You God Bless You'd all over me!" (I sneezed while I was carrying him into the house)
  • "Mom, look at me. I want to see something.  Wow. Your teeth are old! Your face is old too! Wow, Mom!"
  • "I am really happy. So I think I should hit something."

At school:

 "Sully, try to cut this circle."
Sully: "Hmmm. No."
"Sully, cut out this circle."
Sully (to a little girl): "I like your heart, Claire!"
"Sully, turn the scissors around."
Sully: "Oh, sure I will!" (After a long period of time)..."I don't know how to cut."




1 comment: