Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Norah's Piano Recital 6/9/13

Dennis and I decided this year that Norah should take piano.  Dennis and I took lessons for many, many years, and from those lessons, I can probably play as well as any third grader.  Dennis can read the heck out of some notes, but doesn't actually play anything. Nevertheless, we thought it would be a good thing for all of our kids to pick up.  As my mom always said, "If you can play piano, you can play anywhere." Provided that "anywhere" has a piano close by, of course. Maybe it's because of my current piano skills (or lack thereof), but I was pretty impressed with Norah. She started taking lessons this fall, and by her recital she was already able to play with both hands. Together. Bass and Treble Cleff. I don't think I started that business until I was at least two years in. She played four songs for her recital - two duets and two solos, and she did terrific. Her teacher, Mrs. Marks, told us she was quite nervous about playing, but she never let on to us. And while she was performing, she was all smiles. Fake it til you make it, kiddo! She looked like a natural. People told us that she was the cutest little thing ever, just smiling away while playing. And of course, we acted like we didn't know it. But it was pretty darn cute!


Duet with Mrs. Marks 



 Solo action!
 Norah and Mrs. Marks
Me and my girl. Proud of her!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment