Monday, June 11, 2012

Let there be light!


Last week was a pretty busy decision week for the house. On Wednesday, Dennis and I went shopping for the lighting.  I really don't like to shop without a plan, so I had been online searching Menards and Lowes for what I wanted. Dennis is more of a "take a look around and think about it" kind of decision maker, so he was a really good sport with  me.  I had each light written down and where we were getting it from.  The mission was clear: Go In, Go Hard, and Go Home when the job was done.  In a little over 2 hours, we had purchased all the light fixtures needed for our home.  Here is a picture of what we accomplished. I told Dennis that I felt like Julia Roberts' character in Pretty Woman when she walks out of the boutiques with all of those bags.  I was pretty proud of how Dennis and I worked together.  I have heard that things can get kind of tense between spouses when building a house, but so far we have had zero moments like that.  However, I think that is more of a credit to Dennis than to me! Although it didn't hurt that we spent less than half our allotted lighting budget! So, maybe fast and furious is the way to shop??!??! Either way, GOOD JOB DONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment